Cir Normal Ascent

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.55860°N / 11.80940°E
Additional Information GPX File: Download GPX » View Route on Map
Additional Information Route Type: Via Ferrata
Seasons Season: Summer, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: Easy rock climb, Medium hard ferrata
Sign the Climber's Log

Rating the Route (By Hiking Standards)

Just a perfect day... All the...
Herb - Gran Cir from Passo Gardena
On the summit of Gran Cir /...
By the summit cross

0. General: 2121 m to 2592 m, marked and secured rock route - ferrata. UIAA I. Take care of falling stones (mountaineers above).

1. Effort: 470 m, 1 h 30 min.

2. Power: 3 - medium.

3. Psyche: 3 - medium (exposed, rockfall danger).

4. Orientation: 1 - no difficulties.

Approach

The trailhead starts on Passo Gardena / Groedner Joch, 2121 m.

Route Description

Gran Cir
The normal route to Gran Cir
The first cable section
eza - The first cable section
Ascending Gran Cir
rgg - The upper part

From the pass you take a good road (closed for public traffic) towards north, but when the road starts tending towards right (towards Rif. Clark) you leave it and go by the marked path directly upwards. You can't miss the distinct ravine left (west) of the main summit.

The ravine is easy. In many turns the path gains altitude, just at the end of it you must use hands on a few places. But when this ravine closes, marks lead you towards right, over steep rocks out of it. These passages are secured by steel cables and pegs.

After the walls above the ravine are below us, the slope gets less steep. It's surprising how on this side of the mountain rocks are not as steep as they look from the Passo Gardena. Actually the summit has a kind of a steep roof, over which we ascend almost without climbing. The only danger are falling stones of mountaineers above us. This way we reach the top.

Essential Gear

Good shoes, eventually ferrata equipment.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.