Clayton Beach Bouldering

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 48.62670°N / 122.407°W
Additional Information Route Type: Bouldering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: 5.0-5.12
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Clayton Beach is a popular, laid-back climbing area. There are numerous boulder problems on strange formations of Chuckanut Sandstone. The climbing consists of interesting overhangs with nice pockets for holds. Sunsets here are excellent. The hike is short. The beach is nice.

Expect company here, the area gets a lot of traffic from climbing and non-climbing folk alike. The tides will affect what you can access so consider timing for low tide. This is a great place to come climb while with people who don't. There will be plenty for them to do while you get down to business. Bring a guitar, six pack, camera, chalk bag, "safety" supplies, a little food, some water, and a towel and you'll have a good time for sure.

There are a few top-ropable problems in the area, some are actually quite difficult and worthwhile, do a little exploring and you'll be rewarded.

I'll add a picture or two after next time I go.

Getting There

Drive South on Chuckanut Drive. Just past the gray wall parking area you'll see a sign that says "Clayon Beach Parking Area" which is on the left, park here or on the road.

Cross to the west side of Chuckanut drive and find the trail. Follow the trail south, it turn SW, descend a hill and then cross the railroad tracks follow the rest of the trail to the beach.

Route Description

Add Route Description text here.

Essential Gear

Add Essential Gear text here.

External Links

Add External Links text here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.