Col de la Soba

Col de la Soba

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.83531°N / 0.3302°W
Additional Information Route Type: Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer
Additional Information Time Required: A long day
Additional Information Difficulty: F (Fácil, Easy)
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: Class 3
Additional Information Grade: I
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

This is the normal route to peak Arriel from France. The route join to normal route from Spain (La Sarra) in the Col de la Soba.

Getting There

See the main page to approach to C. de Soques.

Route Description

Col de la SobaCol de la Soba


Col d ArriousCol d'Arrious

We'll begin in Cabanne de Soques walking in east direction following the HRP (Haute Route of Pyrenees) in the ravine of Arrious with a good path in a marvelous forest (the signals show "col d'Arrious" and "refuge d'Arremoulit" in the road). After the forest we'll cross the river Arrious in a little bridge. The path ascent in the right side of valley, wide initially and finally narrow in a little col (really a false col). In the area of big blocks of stones we'll see the final of the valley in the zig-zag to Col d'Arrious but we don't walk for this path. We'll leave the path and we'll walk to the right side (south) for a little path (signaled with some cairns) with hard slope in diagonal to reach the visible col between the peak Pequeño Arriel (left, 2681m) and peak Punta Dero Cuello de la Soba (right, 2612m), it's the Col de la Soba (2489m). In this point we'll walk bordering the Pequeño Arriel to join to normal route of spanish side climbing across the ridge NW of Arriel to the summit.

Essential Gear

In winter and early in the season (may, june?) is necessary the use of crampons and ice-axe to reach the col de la Soba and for the final ridge.
Nothing special in summer.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

ArrielRoutes