Collado Bellido

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 41.76545°N / 1.81893°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking, Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Peña LoberaP.Lobera

This is an interesting itinerary to know another part of the range and natural park of Moncayo but if really you only want to reach the top is possible as well following the normal route to peak San Miguel.
A very good option is to walk one route to climb and another to descent.

Getting There

See the main page to approach to trailhead of Santurio de la Virgen del Moncayo

Route Description

Slope: 670 meters.
Time: 3h to summit.

We'll begin in the Santuario and we'll follow initially the first meters of right route (the same of San Miguel/Moncayo) near of Fuente del Chorro (left side is for Hermit of San Gaudioso). In the first curve of the path, after 25 meters, we'll leave the route of Moncayo following a path to left side with marks of paint and signal Collado de Bellido. The first part had a lot of stones (glacier origin) what descending from the cirque of San Gaudioso before the entry in the forest. With great view of valleys of Somontano we'll reach the cirque of Morca after the plains of Morroncillo (1700m, 1h). We'll cross the ravine to reach the fuente de Morca in a new forest. The path goes now for the hillside of stones of Lobera with some pines to reach the Collado de Bellido (1807m, 2h) with wide landscape. In 5 minutes we'll can to climb to the nearby Cabezo de Bellido (1838m) to east side.
Vertex of LoberaVertex

We'll attack the very wide east ramp of the Lobera with a hard slope and after 1 hour we'll reach the geodesic vertex of Peña Lobera (2227m, 3h). The very little summit of Peña Negra (2172m) is located after a little descent to west side (interesting for views of west valleys, but almost impossible to apreciate).
The descent is possible for the same route.

Alternative: in days of good weather conditions without fog you can follow the line of ridge to the Peak San Miguel (1h 30 minutes more) and descent across the normal route of this peak to the Santuario del Moncayo (5h 30 min).

Essential Gear

In winter crampons and ice-axe. The climb with ski is possible as well from Collado de Bellido or across the col of Morca.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

LoberaRoutes