Viewing: 1-20 of 23
12
visentin

visentin - Sep 6, 2010 7:32 am - Voted 10/10

OK...

So you chose the option to make a distinct page (which is not a bad choice).
I think that instead of writting "a distinct region of Romania" (don't forget Marmarosh is the linguistic equivalent of Maramure?, thus despite you precise "Mun?ii Maramure?ului" and not Maramure?), you should rather emphasize the fact that crossing the border, or just walk along it, is so hermetic that one same page wouldn't make point, with no contuinity from the hiker's point of view (as you described me perfectly through your story with the camera and the gards).
What do you think ?
Otherwise I see that a great page is going to born again... keep the good work ! ;)

yatsek

yatsek - Sep 6, 2010 9:56 am - Voted 10/10

Re: OK...

Whatever you call these mountains, they're what the 1st paragraph reads they are/aren't, and their boundaries are described in the 2nd para.

visentin

visentin - Sep 6, 2010 10:47 am - Voted 10/10

Re: OK...

OK, I understand, but I think a couple of words about the border issues would be welcome, lots of people know the Romanian Maramures more than the Ukrainian. On my side I'll add this aspect. Just from a practical point of view...

LukZem

LukZem - Sep 7, 2010 3:05 am - Hasn't voted

Re: OK...

Do not worry, just working on a permission form - see Red tape chapter in CP. Today I received mail from Mukachevo with a statement, that the border is now closed to tourists. What a pity!

visentin

visentin - Sep 7, 2010 3:59 am - Voted 10/10

Re: OK...

you mean we cannot get to Romania anymore via Sighet ?

LukZem

LukZem - Sep 7, 2010 8:18 am - Hasn't voted

Re: OK...

No, no, I mean, that til 15.9.2010, the hiking directly on the Ukrainian/Romanian border (e.g.Pip Ivan - Stogu - Chyvchyn in Marmarosh Mts.) is forbidden due to danger of forest fires. Just trying to gain permission contacting Border Police Inspectorate in Sighet. I hope that transfrontier crossing point Solotvino/Sighet is open.

visentin

visentin - Sep 7, 2010 8:51 am - Voted 10/10

Re: OK...

I put this chapter on the Romanian Maramures page :
http://www.summitpost.org/view_object.php?object_id=461207&confirm_post=7#chapter_1
Which I think fulfill the disambiguation goal. Btw you are still welcome to add more to the Romanian page if you've been there. I've been only in one part of the Maramures...

LukZem

LukZem - Sep 7, 2010 9:57 am - Hasn't voted

Re: OK...

Please Eric be patient, the Marmarosh Mts page will take too much time and arduous work, so it is useless to put a link to it just now. I agree, that it fulfill the disambiguation goal, but later on. I've been in both parts of Marmarosh Mts and plan to hike the border in October. But I am not sure if I will gain the permission from one of these two countries so once more be patient and please erase the link "Marmarosh (under construction)". After the Marmarosh page will be finished I will let you know to put it there. If you do not erase this link, I will do it myself!

yatsek

yatsek - Sep 8, 2010 8:27 am - Voted 10/10

Re: OK...

To Eric,
Have you thought of renaming your page the "Isa Valley/Valley of Isa"?

peterbud

peterbud - Sep 8, 2010 8:35 am - Hasn't voted

Re: OK...

I'm not Eric, but I think it's a good idea... :)

visentin

visentin - Sep 8, 2010 9:28 am - Voted 10/10

Re: OK...

why ?

LukZem

LukZem - Sep 8, 2010 9:43 am - Hasn't voted

Re: OK...

Because you visited only part of Maramures county, and did not set foot to these wild and remote mountains...

peterbud

peterbud - Sep 8, 2010 9:55 am - Hasn't voted

Re: OK...

Because it would be more adequate. The things currently described on the page are completely from the Iza valley area. Also the map shows Iza valley sights.

Whatever you choose about how to treat the Maramarosh Mountains (as a range), on one page or two, Iza valley is something different from it. Not less, but different.

My 2 forints: prepare one page for MM range, clearly indicating the differences (we have such example: High Tatras), rename the current Maramures page to Iza valley and leave it like it is (without my mountain panorama :) of course), and attach as related to MM Mountains as they are neighbours, plus have a sentence or two and a link to it from the MM Mountains page.

visentin

visentin - Sep 9, 2010 3:48 am - Voted 10/10

Re: OK...

I agree, what I've seen is 1% of the Maramures, and I'm not a so good mountaineer than Lukzem. But SP is a collaborative website so anyone can bring more to this page. And what's the point of creating another "Romanian-Maramures-without-Iza-valley" page ? Or leaving Peter's panorama orphane ? Makes no sense. It was an album turned quiclky into a region, hundred miles away from Luk's pages quality, and I'll try to improve this page, promise.

visentin

visentin - Sep 9, 2010 4:52 am - Voted 10/10

Re: OK...

I can delete it too...

yatsek

yatsek - Sep 9, 2010 4:54 am - Voted 10/10

Re: OK...

Your "Maramures" has been helpful but soon things will change:) and then an Iza Valley will make more sense - no reason to delete it, that'd be a pity actually.

yatsek

yatsek - Sep 9, 2010 6:18 am - Voted 10/10

Re: OK...

BTW Something timely

Peter (and Eric and Lucas:)),
Do click "Galeria na stronie autora"

peterbud

peterbud - Sep 9, 2010 6:22 am - Hasn't voted

Re: OK...

Come on, Eric, none of us wants you to delete that page, nor its contents. It's great the way it is, to describe to folklore and cultural heritage of Iza valley. Maramures mountains are different than Iza valley, though. The two areas are neighbors. That's one of the reasons why they should be treated separately. Another is the main topic: culture in Iza valley, wilderness hiking in MM mountains.

yatsek

yatsek - Sep 9, 2010 7:17 am - Voted 10/10

Re: OK...

To all,
Don't miss out on the three green links at the top, below the subheading.

LukZem

LukZem - Sep 9, 2010 9:19 am - Hasn't voted

Re: OK...

I bow down before this Polish "GLOBETROTTER" - unique shots from the borderline, especially that of Stih (triplex). Yatsek, did you think about stealing some of these precious photos?

Viewing: 1-20 of 23
12
Return to 'Construction page' main page