Cordillera Occidental, Ecuador, February 2010

Cordillera Occidental, Ecuador, February 2010

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Alpine Climbing, Hiking, Scenery, Panorama

I've come back from three weeks in Ecuador, so it's time to look back. I got the chance to climb eight peaks, had excellent hiking, and went higher then ever before, at the summit of Cotopaxi. It's great to see the bigger volcanoes have refugio to stay at, and that most volcanoes are easily accesible. Back from the mountains, I've enjoyed staying in the towns Otavalo, Cotacachi, BaƱos and Cuenca.

I found Ecuador an easy and cheap country to travel in, with rooms at less than ten dollars per person and good meals at less than three. It was pretty safe too, travelling alone, although you should always keep an eye on your stuff (as in any country).

The weather was fine too. There were almost always clouds, but I was fortunate to have the summit clear or almost clear on my climbing days.

This album is about the volcanoes west of the 'Avenida de los Volcanos', the 'Cordillera Occidental', that I climbed: Iliniza Norte, Cotacachi, Rucu Pichincha (pics will be added later), Cerro El Chivo (at the Pululahua crater), and the crater lakes Quilotoa and Cuicocha.

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2
EricChu

EricChu - Mar 8, 2010 6:24 pm - Voted 10/10

Beautiful!

Absolutely gorgeous!

Boriss Andean

Boriss Andean - May 6, 2010 4:46 pm - Voted 10/10

I'm so glad...

you liked my country. Congratulations for the summits!

Boriss...

Viewing: 1-2 of 2


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.