Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 33.99965°N / 116.14631°W
Activities Activities: Sport Climbing
Seasons Season: Spring, Fall, Winter
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview/Approach

Doomsday, 5.9*
Doomsday, 5.9*

The local guides have the Hall of Horrors formation divided into several different walls/destinations.  This small collection of routes is perhaps the most “remote” location on the formation, if you can use that word referencing Hall of Horrors which is located right off Park Blvd.   I will say if you find the crowds a bit to0 chirpy on the other walls of Hall of Horrors, maybe too many crying babies, boom boxes and dogs (against park rules but they will be all over the place anyway), this wall will offer some reprieve, albeit just a short distance away.  Miramontes guide calls this wall east facing when in reality it is more south facing. That being said, the base of this small wall is located in a shaded corridor.   The rock is of decent quality but the length of the routes is quite short compared to the north side wall of Hall of Horrors.

Park at the paved Hall of Horrors parking lot complete with restrooms.  Hike due north to the main formation and scramble through a hole and/or bushwhack your way into the depths of the left side of the front corridor, facing the parking lot.  You are looking for a ramped corridor that climbs leftward to the base of the routes.  Doomsday, 5.9*, and Doomed, 5.6, are bolted routes to the far left, on their own short wall.  The other three routes are also bolted for the most part and can be found on a separate wall back right.

Routes Listed from Left to Right as you Face this Southeast Facing Wall

Doomed- 35’-5.6/ Single bolt.  Relatively secure solo for the grade.  More exposure at the first meter or two. Up brown vanished jugs to a hand crack that leads to the top.  Fixed rap is set-back, you need to extend it to set up a TR.  Dow

Domesday- 45’-5.9*/ Sustained, steep and well varnished rock.  Well bolted and worth doing.  Trend left and finish near the top of Doomed.  Shares the same fixed rap.  Dow

Creature Feature- 50’-5.11c*/

Hellraiser- 55’-5.10a/

Hellion of Troy- 55’-5.11a/



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

 
Related 

Friends

Related objects are relevant to each other in some way, but they don't form a parent/child relationship. Also, they don't necessarily share the same parent.