Directions to Backbone Trailhead and Summit 2011

Directions to Backbone Trailhead and Summit 2011

Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Sep 5, 2009

Add Heading Here

[Updated: 05/31/2011] SummitPosters, if you like this report, please vote for it, thanks! Check my profile for all my state highpoint reports.

Fellow hikers, I hope this report will help you find the trailhead and summit of Backbone Mtn! It is a very nice 1 mile climb and you got some nice views on the top.

Photobucket

Start looking for this sign on a tree when you approaching the trailhead area. (I used Don Holme's Highpointing book)

Photobucket

If you drive from North, the trailhead is to your left, and there is a parking area to your right, notice where I parked my car. Look for this parking area!

Photobucket

The trail is not exactly hard to follow but you could be uncertain here or there, follow the yellow blaze.

Photobucket

Additional red trail blaze and 'HP' signs on a tree.

Photobucket

Another HP sign on a tree and me looking exhausted, it is a good, short climb.

Photobucket

When you find this note this is NOT the summit, keep going to your left, the trail continues.

Photobucket

This is the true summit.

Photobucket

Nice picnic table.

Photobucket

Good views from the summit looking west.

Photobucket

Summit registry book.

Photobucket

Backbone mtn, by far, has the best maintained summit register box. (I have visited 30 hps so far)

Photobucket

Some views driving to the mtn.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Alex

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2
mpyle

mpyle - Jun 15, 2011 8:45 pm - Voted 10/10

Useful pics!

Really like the pictures of the trailhead on the road - heading there tomorrow, and now have a good sense of what to look for along 219.

sm0421

sm0421 - Jun 15, 2011 8:54 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Useful pics!

glad I can help ;)

Viewing: 1-2 of 2


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Backbone MountainTrip Reports