Dragging a leg on Sunset

Dragging a leg on Sunset

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Hiking

First peak after breaking the ankle bones :)

Nearly two months after my accident, I am finally allowed to put a partial load on the healing leg. Sounds like perfect time to diversify from the ever-more-boring gym workouts!
So I grabbed the crutches and went up Sunset from the lesser-known trail off Albion's Campsite 16. Three and half hours for this adventure ... don't laugh, it's awfully fast for me these days :) Yoo hoo, it is the first mountain peak to reach since early July!

Added in October: First ski peak, too

Another month passed, and a good October snowstorm let me try the healing leg on skis. Up the Days side of Honeycombs, down along the slopes of Patsy Marley. But a repeat attempt a week after - with two of the nine screws already taken out of the ankle - was a flap. The October snow was disappearing fast!

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-1 of 1
TyeDyeTwins

TyeDyeTwins - Sep 11, 2009 1:58 pm - Voted 10/10

Right on................

Way to get out there and get it done!

Viewing: 1-1 of 1


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.