Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Location Lat/Lon: 39.00070°N / 104.9108°W
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Mar 13, 2007
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Winter

The Hike Up

The hike up was fairly difficult because it was very icy in spots and the snow was deep, but my hiking partner and I got to the summit in about 2 hours. We stayed at the summit for about 15 minutes then started heading down. We had lost the trails somwhere along the final steep incline of the mountain and found ourselves in 4 foot deep snow. We trekked through this for a while until we finally reached the trail. We were not very prepared for this type of hiking because it was a beautiful 70 degree day. We were wearing only shorts and t-shirts. When we got back into the canyon the ice was treacherous. We were sliding, falling, and gettinf totally scraped up by the snow. By the time we'd reached the bottom my hands felt frozen solid and snow was packed in my tennis shoes. Overall, it was a fairly successful hike with gorgeous views, nad, despite the part of being cold, I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Eagles PeakTrip Reports