Page Type Page Type: Trailhead
Seasons Season: Summer, Fall
Additional Information Elevation: 9340 ft / 2847 m

Overview

This trailhead is one of the most beautiful places in Colorado, and the views along the road are simply spectacular.

From here, it is possible to access two different approaches to Mt. Sneffels, the Blaine Basin approach and the Blue Lake Approach. Of course, the Blue Lakes are a fantastic destination in and of themselves.

This fantastic trailhead also has ample camping, for which there is no fee. This area is generally less popular than Yankee Boy Basin, and the campsites are much better as well.

Driving Directions

Head west on CO-62 from Ridgway, and after 4-5 miles, there will be a sign for East Dallas Creek National Forest Access. Take this road, which is Ouray County 7. As long as it is free of snow, this road is easily passable by passenger cars and other low clearance vehicles. The road is generally well signed, and you should follow signs to head for the National Forest when there is doubt about which way to go.

The trailhead is approximately 9 miles from the CO-62 turn-off, and as you get closer, the views of the Sneffels Range grow more and more spectacular until you're craning your neck to look up.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Mount SneffelsTrailheads