East Drainage

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 43.39620°N / 113.022°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Class 2
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


When approaching from Atomic City, instead of skirting the south side of the Butte, head north once you get close to the mountain. (See Map from hikeidaho.com.

Route Description


Once directly east of the Butte, you will see a 2-track heading up onto the aluvial base of the peak. Park as far up as your vehicle will make it. Hike up the drainage and stay right until you gain the ridge to your north. Don't stay low because it is one nasty bushwack in the intermittent creek bed. Follow the ridge as it curves to the south until you hit the road. Follow the road to the summit.

This is a nice route because you can avoid the long road. It is also a quick conditioning hike with 2300 feet of gain in a little over 1.5 miles.


Essential Gear


Water, sunscreen, wind layering (it can get pretty windy on top.)

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.