East Fork

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 44.07084°N / 113.68811°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking, Mountaineering, Scrambling
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: One to two days
Additional Information Difficulty: Moderate
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: Class 3
Sign the Climber's Log

East Fork Approach

This would be the easiest rote to the top, but the hardest place to drive to. I had enough fun with the Donaldson saddle last year, and didn't feel like heading up that way again. Either this discription of the ridge from Donaldson would be the main ways to No Regret's summit.

Getting There

See getting there for East Fork Pahsimeroi on the main page.

Route Description

I did this as an overnight backpack trip in the Spring of 2008. Once you get to the trailhead on the Eas Fork of the Pahsimeroi the fun can start.

Cross the creek and meet up with the trail. Start hiking south down this trail for about half a mile. The idea is to head back towards the East Fork but to stay as high as you can. Around the 8400 contour start heading just to the north of the ridge jetting out. You will kind of be burried in the woods for a while, so find a good game trail and keep as high as you can through here.

Soon you will be able to see some great views of Mt. Church. Trudge on up the drainiage all the way to lake 9682. At the fork of the two main drainages coming from the mountains stick to the left or south. Once your at lake 9682 all the bushwacking is over but you still can't really see No Regret.

I did this as a snow climb directly up the main gully between the midpoint ridge of the Donaldson/No Regret ridge. Inbetween the midpoint and No Regret is a real easy snow climb, just follow it up the the main ridge. If there was no snow this would be extremly dificult with loose rock. You would be better off scrambling up the rib of the midpoint.

Once you gain the ridge start heading up toward the false summit. If you follow the ridge all the way you will run into a cliff and have to drop down the south side of the ridge about 40ft. I placed a rock cairn at the point where you would head down around the cliff somewhere in the ballpark of 11600ft. Get around the cliff and rejoin the ridge and walk on up. There is a big rock cairn up there but no registry.

Essential Gear

Snow climb-ice axe, crampons. 10 essentials.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

No RegretRoutes