East Ridge

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 47.02640°N / 115.0705°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Class 1 walkup
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


From Freezeout Pass, take the 4wd road up the ridge. It is the steepest road from the pass to the West. If you have low clearance, start from the pass.

Route Description


The trail is fairly straightforward.

Walk up the 4wd road from Freezeout Pass. It is a little steep at first, but it levels out and continues through the trees for a while. Eventually, the 4wd road will deteriorate (there was deadfall and a lot of vegetation near the end of the road in September, 2004) and turn into a single track trail. The trail continues West on the South side of the ridge. The trail is easy to follow- just keep going West, and watch for the trail. There are some chutes on the North side of the ridge that you pass, which offer incredible views.

This hike is roughly 2.5 miles each way, with about 1500 feet of elevation gain.

I've heard registers were up there in 2002, but I did not see any. A large cairn is present at the top. It is a mostly grassy summit with sparse groups of smaller trees. I could not verify a view from the top, but from maps, it would seem to be a good one.

Essential Gear


none

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.