East ridge

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.42413°N / 13.41568°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking, Mountaineering, Scrambling
Seasons Season: Summer, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Medium hard route, not marked, steep grassy slopes and some rock passages on the ridge.
Sign the Climber's Log

Getting There


The map of the area.
For this ascent you must deter from the highway in Chiusaforte and travel through Rakolana (Reklanica, Raccolana) valley to Sella Nevea (Nevejsko sedlo) pass, 1142 m. This pass can also be reached from Tarvisio towards south through Valle Rio di Lago (Jezerska dolina). On Sella Nevea you turn towards north-west and drive by a narrow alpine road to Malga Pecol (meadow), 1520 m.

Route Description

An alpine steinbock.An alipne steinbock is not rare in this area.

From the parking place you follow the road in the northwest direction. You go by some rustic houses and you continue over the grassy slopes in the north direction. On the altitude around 1700 meters you cross a small brook and you come on the start of the grassy south slopes of Curtissons. Your goal is nicely visible. The notch Forca di Bassa, 2070m between the summit of Monte Zabus on the west and Curtissons on the east side.

You steeply ascend to the notch over nice grassy slope.

On Monte Zabus, 2244m.

From the notch you conitinue in the west direction and you climb over some rocky sections and over steep grassy slopes all the way to the summit over the east ridge.

On Curtissons, 2240m.

From the notch you continue in the east direction and you climb over nice grassy slopes. Just below the summit you have some not hard rocky passages. You climb to the top over the west ridge.


From both summits you descend by the same route. This is the quickest way.

Essential Gear

Good hiking shoes.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.