East Slope from Hollowell Park Trailhead

East Slope from Hollowell Park Trailhead

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 40.34282°N / 105.62403°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Class 2
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Summit of Steep MountainThe summit of Steep Mountain.


This the typical route to the summit of Steep Mountain from Hollowell Park Trailhead.

Getting There

Start at the Hollowell Park Trailhead.

Route Description

Stats: Class 2, 2.0 miles (round trip), 1358 feet of elevation gain.

From the trailhead, hike west on the main trail through Hollowell Park. After 0.4 miles, leave the trail and head west up the steep slope to the summit of Steep Mountain.

Trail Profile and Map

The trail color represents the class of that portion of the trail.

Green = Class 1
Blue = Class 2

Trail Profile

The vertical unit is feet, and the horizontal unit is miles.
Trail Profile of Hollowell Park Trailhead to Steep Mtn via the East Slope


Map
East Slope of Steep Mountain from Hollowell Park TrailheadEast Slope from Hollowell Park TH.



Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.