Rating the Tour (By Hiking Standards)0. General. From 680m to 1634m, exposition E, SE, easy ski tour. Gear: Usual ski touring equipment.
1. Effort. 960m, 2h 30min.
2. Power. 1 - no difficulties.
3. Psyche. 1 - no difficulties.
4. Orientation. 2 - easy. If you're the first one to go, you'll have some problems.
ApproachYou start the tour in Brezje, a small village below Dobrca, West of Trzic. The village can be reached by the road, which connects Trzic and Begunje.
Start altitude is 680m.
Route DescriptionAscent. You can ascend the summit either by the Eastern slope, from Bistriska planina (alpine meadow), or directly, by the SE ridge. The latter approach is fine if you carry skis on your rucksack, the former can be done entirely with skis.
1. In good winter conditions the forrest road to Bistriska planina is cleaned to be used with sledges. That's how you reach the altitude of 1160m. From there you follow the forrest road towards NW and W and then up towards NW again to reach Lesanska planina (alpine meadow), 1500m. From there steeply through woods in the NW direction to the junction of paths and right to the summit.
2. The direct marked path turns in Brezje left (towards NW), after some 20 minutes turns right (NE) and soon reaches the SE ridge of Dobrca. You continue by it allways towards NW, cross the forrest road on the altitude of 1500m and direction N reach the summit.
Evening on the summit of Dobrca - the view on Begunjscica.
Downhill. You best ski down from the summit towards SE. On a small saddle, south of the summit, turn left (SE) and ski down over meadows and light forrest to Lesanska planina, 1500m. From the lower part of this nice meadow continue through light forrest towards SE. When you hit forrest roads, you can continue towards SE or turn left and ski down by the road to Bistriska planina. By the sledge piste continue to Brezje.