East slopes of Krvavec

East slopes of Krvavec

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.30188°N / 14.54028°E
Additional Information Route Type: Scramble
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk up (tour skiing)
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

The starting point is the macadam road that goes from the valley Kamniska Bistrica in the secondary valley Korosica. It depends from the conditions how high you will drive with your vehicle. In Winter time is not transportable but you have very nice descend with skiies.




Route Description


View on the east side of Krvavec.

The road ends on the altitude around 980 meters and then you follow the signposts on marked route through the nice forest. Soon you will reach the first meadow that is called Zgornja fratina. There is also some shepherd's house. From the left comes here the marked route from the skiing area Krvavec, from the meadow Kriska planina.

From the shepherd's house you continue in the forest directly up and later through the dwarf pine. When you come through the dwarf pine you cross the big grassy slopes and continue on the pass between Krvavec and Veliki Zvoh called Razor (1809m).

From the pass you can reach the summit of Krvavec or Veliki Zvoh over the skiing pists.

Very nice slopes for tour skiing.


Essential Gear

Good hiking shoes, ice axe and crampons.

Miscellaneous Info

If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.