EU Summits Comments

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Gorzi

Gorzi - Jul 30, 2008 12:25 pm - Voted 10/10

Good idea

It was a good idea to make this SP post. But, I´m missing Norway :) Cheers, David.

horrste

horrste - Oct 5, 2008 12:20 am - Hasn't voted

Eu or Europe?

Tomas, I think that limiting this album to EU is not the brightest idea because you will miss some great mountains - Switzerland, Norway, Island, the beautiful valley of Lichtenstein as well as other non-EU Balkan countries.

How about EHS (EEA) summits?

Stan

Tomas Kristofory

Tomas Kristofory - Oct 5, 2008 7:34 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Eu or Europe?

There is another list of European summits. We created it as EU doesn't cover the whole Europe. Do you think our list is redundant? Cheers, Tomas :)

Wolfgang Schaub

Wolfgang Schaub - Jan 13, 2009 3:37 am - Hasn't voted

Buurgplaatz ...

... has never been and is definitely no longer Luxembourg's highest. 1100 m to the southeast you will find a point called Kneiff, and this is 101 cm higher, according to topographic maps and the most recent geodetic survey.

Wolfgang Schaub

Wolfgang Schaub - Jan 13, 2009 3:44 am - Hasn't voted

Monte Bianco

The question of what is the highest point in Italy is as old as there is a border between France and Italy (1861). Italian maps show the summit of Montblanc equally shared between France and Italy, but French maps disagree and shift the highest Italian point to Mont Blanc de Courmayeur, or, even better: To a point high on the Bosses crest, where the border departs from the crest to encircle the summit area. Comments of real experts invited. This seems one of the last mysteries of mankind that needs to be lifted.

Lodewijk

Lodewijk - Nov 20, 2009 1:32 pm - Hasn't voted

Portugal

You name Mondego as the hgighest point on the mainland of Portugal, this should be changed since it is Torre which is exactly 2000m high and is located int the serre Estrela mountains

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'EU Summits' main page