February 19th, 2005 - My...

February 19th, 2005 - My...

February 19th, 2005 - My daypack in the foreground of the cloudy couloir, with the cliffs that I slid near in the background.
PellucidWombat
on Feb 24, 2005 4:20 pm
Image ID: 91856

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Dean

Dean - Feb 25, 2005 2:45 pm - Voted 10/10

Yikes

I'm impressed with your ability to think clearly enough after your fall to take some pics. Your trip report is one of the most gripping I've read here at SP.

PellucidWombat

PellucidWombat - Feb 25, 2005 2:51 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Yikes

Thanks.



Like I said, I guess it was an overlearned reaction - see something interesting => whip out the camera!



Of course it was good to note that I was thinking clearly, since THAT was what helped me deal with the situation properly!

imontop

imontop - Feb 27, 2005 12:22 am - Hasn't voted

You're an animal!!!

Amazing story! I'm very impressed with how you kept your head . Don't stop climbing man! I'm glad everything turned out ok

DylanWann

DylanWann - Feb 27, 2005 10:54 pm - Voted 10/10

You're an animal-and-a-half!!

Man, what a story! Way to keep you're head when things get dangerous! Nothing like a 1,000 ft. fall to make a trip memorable. I'm also glad things turned out all right! Way to go, wild man.

BobSmith

BobSmith - Feb 28, 2005 5:30 pm - Hasn't voted

Amazing story.

Glad you made it out okay. Your knowledge of the terrain, how to read your topo, and just being relatively calm about the situation and relying on your intelligence served you well.

ungerfeld

ungerfeld - Mar 5, 2005 10:02 am - Hasn't voted

what a story!

Bloody hell...scary story! It's relieving when one reads it to know that you wrote it...

I'm glad you got out all right. As in other survival stories, your brain was your most important tool. Thanks for posting it. Specially the analysis at the end should be useful for everyone.

Viewing: 1-6 of 6