Fila Uran

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 9.48330°N / 83.4833°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike
Additional Information Time Required: A few days
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


The Fila Uran [or Fila India] begins in the village of Herradura, which is signposted left on the road to San Gerado after the National Park Office.

Route Description


National Park regulations stipulate that a guide must be used. Ask for Dennis or Rodolfo Elizondo in Herradura or at the National Park Office [35 a day for guiding]. Dennis also has cabinas next to his house in Herradura [he can also arrange a porter to carry 14kg if you have a group].
Rain most afternoons makes an early start sensible and it will be dark for the first hour along the dirt road. Leaving the road the track begins to climb steadily to the Cordillera, which is 1,700m above Herradura. There is plenty of water on the way and after about 3 hours you will pass Rodolfo's cabina where you can sleep if you want to take it easy.

Essential Gear


Tent , cooking gear and a fairly warm sleeping bag for the night camping at Paso de los Indios. A waterproof jacket as it will probably rain [a lot].

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.

Additions and CorrectionsPost an Addition or Correction

Viewing: 1-1 of 1
chugach mtn boy

chugach mtn boy - Apr 6, 2016 1:24 am - Hasn't voted

Closed

The Fila Uran route is closed in 2016 due to land ownership issues. There is no projected date for reopening. A good source of updates after 2016 would be to call the Hotel de Montaña El Pelícano, which used to organize treks on this route. Their website is: http://www.sangerardocostarica.com/accommodations/albergue-de-montana-el-pelicano/

Viewing: 1-1 of 1


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.