Finsteraarhorn 4274m

Finsteraarhorn 4274m

Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Location Lat/Lon: 46.53810°N / 8.12750°E
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Aug 2, 2004
Activities Activities: Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Summer

Description:

Highest mountain of the canton Berne. One of the most beautiful mountains in the entire Switzerland.

Started at the new Finsteraarhorn hut at 3048m. At the beginning on marked path onto the glacier. Along to the point 3616m, where one must cross the ridge around onto the next glacier current reach. Over this southwest flank, in part steep, up to the Hugisattel 4088m. There the north-west ridge begins. Over these climbing in the II-III. degree, often also in the flank, onto the summit of the Finsteraarhorn 4274m. Descent on the same route back to the Finsteraarhornhuette 3048m.

The Finsteraarhorn 4274m is isolated. In order to reach the hut, you need three days. The hut is reached either from the Grimsel Pass or from the Jungfraujoch. With Ski is much better from Jungfraujoch.

Linkt to the Finsteraarhorn tour: www.finsteraarhorn-tour.ch

Written and climbed by Cyrill
If you have any question, do not hesitate to contact me: cyrill74@gmx.ch


Finsteraarhorn 4274mFinsteraarhorn 4274m
[img:429973:alignright:medium:Finsteraarhorn 4274m]

Accommodations

> Finsteraarhorn Hut 3048m: Link to the Finsteraarhorn hut and Link to Finsteraarhorn hut

Comments

No comments posted yet.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

FinsteraarhornTrip Reports