First-Bussalp

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.67485°N / 7.99915°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Reeti & FaulhornReeti & Faulhorn

Trailhead: cable way of First (2168m), taken in Grindelwald across Borg and Schreckfeld stations.
Slope (up): 520m.
Slope (down): 890m.
Time: 4h

The route from the cableway of First is the shortest to reach the summit of Faulhorn but if you had more time and forces the long route of Schynige Platte is most complete.
Simelihorn & GassenbobenGassenboden

The hike classical of the informational map of Jungfraubahnen pass or the guide-books of area is the climb from First to Faulhorn and the descent to Bussalp to take the bus. But obviously, if you want, you can to return to First from the summit of Faulhorn.

Getting There

Lakes of BachLakes of Bach

For approach to Grindelwald see the main page.

If you remain in Grindelwald some days and you realize some long hikes is interesting the Junfraubahnen pass, a bono of 5 days with all the tickets payeds (bus, cableways, trains...)

Route Description

SchreckhornSchreckhorn
Simelihorn (2751 m)Simelihorn

We walk from First in direction NW to Faulhorn (signal) across a forest track very easy under the south hillside of Oberjoch (2500m). After a little ascent we reach the little hut of Gummihitta (2262m) under the rocky terraces of Grossenegg (2623m). The walk is without slope for 1,5 km to reach a little col (2278m) over the lakes. We descent to the beautifull area of lakes of Bach (Bachalpsee or Bachsee) at 2260m. This is probably one of the most knowed places of Grindelwald with a wonderfull view of Wetterhorn, Schreckhorn, Fisteraarhorn and Fiescherhorners reflecting on the lakes.

Bordering the lakes across the right side (north) we ascent to the little hut of Burgihitta (2438m) and after to the col Gassenboden (2553m) under the great north faces of Reeti and Simelihorn. This is an important crossroad with a lot of signals and it's the point to return if you want to descent to Bussalp.
After a few of minutes we reach the summit of Faulhorn in north direction across a track directly to the old hotel.
We return to col of Gassenboden and we go to southwest across a path in the area called G�rstegg. Across the zones of Wurematta and Geerestand we reach the houses of Oberl�ger under the peak Burg (2207m) in SW. We go to the south across a track (or a path among the curves) to reach Bussalp (1798m) and to take the Bus to Grindelwald.

Essential Gear

Nothing special.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

FaulhornRoutes