brentaUntitled Comment

brenta

Thanks for posting this page: Well wirtten and organized. It was gracious of you to accept to do so. My suggestion of "turning your page" for the Maiden into this one was meant to be more literal than apparently it came across. I thought you'd just change the mountain name and edit a bit the page, rather than submitting new pages and pictures. Oh well, now it's done, and I'm sure this will become a very popular page and a useful resource.

About the descent: George Bell says that it is possible to rappel with one 60 m rope--barely. What is your opinion? Would it be one of those rappels where you have to count on the rope's generous stretch to touch the ground?

A couple of minor details. In the main page:

holds best climbing -> holds the best climbing

In the route page:

Most ascend -> Most climbers ascend (to avoid confusion with "most routes ascend")
Posted Nov 4, 2005 2:30 am

mtnsavyUntitled Comment

Thanks for the input, brenta.

I've also read somewhere that both raps can be made with a single 60 m but I haven't tried it so I didn't want to get anyone in a bad place if it wasn't true!

Thanks also for the editing, I'll make those chnages when I have more time.
Posted Nov 4, 2005 9:30 am

AndyUntitled Comment

Andy

Thanks for taking this project on. I'm sure this will be a popular page in the future. I plan on contributing generously this off season :-)
Posted Nov 4, 2005 9:24 am

mtnsavyUntitled Comment

Thanks for the props and the Thrid submittal, it looks good.
Posted Nov 4, 2005 12:05 pm

CharlesDUntitled Comment

CharlesD

Awesome stuff! I'm glad all the discussion a few weeks ago came to something. Too often people have lots of ideas and don't actually follow up on them. Kudos!

One suggestion is that we could use a bit more logistical getting there information. I plan to take down the Boulder Group page in the near future, so if you want to steal the trailhead information and maps from there, be my guest. At the very least, you should probably mention that the Mesa trail is the backbone of the whole system as far as climbing access goes.

If no one else beats me to it, I'll add the First Flatiron and the Seal when I get a chance.

Again, great stuff and thanks for stepping forward on this.

Charles
Posted Nov 4, 2005 11:22 am

mtnsavyUntitled Comment

Thanks for the complements, Charles. Thanks also for posting Seal Rock, that's one I haven't done.

I may take your offer on beefing up the approach section when I get the time.
Posted Nov 4, 2005 12:03 pm

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Nice!
Posted Nov 4, 2005 11:32 am

hkutukUntitled Comment

hkutuk

I loved the Flatirons, really cool place, jealous of you Boulder folks being so close to endless climbing possibilities. Oh nice page by the way, hope you guys put up stuff from the first Flatiron as well.
Posted Nov 4, 2005 12:00 pm

KaneUntitled Comment

Kane

Nice job getting together and pounding out a great page. mynsavy, you deserve a lot of credit for spearheading this one.
Posted Nov 4, 2005 10:06 pm

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

Very cool page
Posted Nov 5, 2005 1:05 am

RyanSUntitled Comment

RyanS

Well done transforming this page!
Posted Nov 5, 2005 1:45 pm

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Good and interesting overview page. And already the routes are rolling in...
Posted Nov 6, 2005 4:10 am

Fred SpickerUntitled Comment

Fred Spicker

Nice job on a great rock climbing area.
Posted Nov 9, 2005 6:51 pm

Nate MillerUntitled Comment

Nate Miller

mtnsvy-

Nice job pulling together this kind of page. After reading the forums posts on the idea and then seeing the final result I have to say good work.

Nate
Posted Nov 9, 2005 6:58 pm

CoraxUntitled Comment

Corax

Looks like you can have a lot of fun in that area. Good page.
Posted Nov 15, 2005 8:26 pm