Flatirons memories.

Flatirons memories.

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Rock Climbing, Hiking

My Flatirons Climbing/Hiking images (2007).

The Flatirons are rock formations near Boulder, Colorado. There are five large, numbered Flatirons ranging from north to south (First through Fifth, respectively) along the east slope of Green Mountain, and the term "The Flatirons" sometimes refers to these five alone. Numerous smaller named Flatirons are on the southern part of Green Mountain and among the surrounding foothills.

Origin of the Name - The Flatirons were named by pioneer women who said they looked like the flat, metal irons used to iron their clothes.

A symbol of Boulder - Images of the numbered Flatirons on Green Mountain are a ubiquitous symbol of the city of Boulder. The area abounds with Flatirons photographs, drawings, paintings, and sculptures. The city government, the University of Colorado, and many businesses make use of this symbol. Many businesses also use the word Flatirons or Flatiron in their names. (Wikipedia)

Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.