Freedom Peak Comments

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
MrWasatch

MrWasatch - Oct 9, 2009 2:45 pm - Hasn't voted

Nice!

Nice report and pictures... anybody done, or know of the difficulty, of going from say Shingle Mill over Freedom all the way over to Provo Peak as a ridge traverse?

aprovance

aprovance - Oct 16, 2009 12:43 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice!

Thanks! I read on the Freedom Peak registry of a group that hiked from Freedom to Provo Peak as a ridge traverse, although to me, the traverse from Freedom to the unnamed peak just north of Provo East Peak looked very dicey. From what I read I know that it's been done, and I would love to try that ridge traverse, but looks like I'll have to wait til next summer.

Heaton

Heaton - Nov 13, 2009 9:30 pm - Voted 10/10

Storm Mtn renamed??

Thanks Adam for the e-mail. I'm sorry to see that Storm Mountain has been renamed (by who?) but it's good to see some pictures again. I was in graphic arts at Provo High in the mid 1970s and printed registers to put on all the mountaintops in the area. I'm glad that some are still there.

Once I did a crazy one-day traverse of Coral Mtn, Provo Peak, Storm Mtn, Shingle Mill Peak, and all the way across Cascade Mtn and ended up clinging to a pipe in the dark as I descended into Provo Canyon. A friend was with me but bailed off at Lightnihg Ridge.

aprovance

aprovance - May 22, 2011 6:54 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Storm Mtn renamed??

That sounds like a VERY long day! Some of the stretches from Freedom/Storm Mountain to Provo Peak look rather sketchy, was it as sketchy as it looks, what do you remember being the hardest part? What route did you choose to descend Cascade to reach Provo Canyon?

runbyu1

runbyu1 - Sep 29, 2012 1:26 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Storm Mtn renamed??

I would also like to know what the ridge is like from Freedom Peak to East Provo Peak as I am contemplating a traverse.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Freedom Peak' main page