From Cavargna

From Cavargna

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.06489°N / 9.08981°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking
Seasons Season: Fall
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Easy trail through woods and a large and panoramic ridge .

Getting There

Como - SS 340 Regina to Menaggio - Porlezza - Carlazzo - Cavargna 1059 m.

Route Description

From Cavargna village 1059 m. start walking to the " sentiero delle 4 valli ". Follow this good path , throught the wood , you reach a little bridge in half an hour .
Cross the torrent and go up by the step side following the same sign " sentiero delle 4 valli ".
Go further " Monti Colonè " 1412 m. (1,30h) and start walking on a comfortable path-road going in a beautifull wood ( always folowing the sign of the "sentiero delle 4 valli").
After 1/2h from Monti Colonè you arrived to the path-road coming up from val Rezzo : go rigth and follow this till P.sso di San Lucio 1550 m. where there're : the old oratory of San Lucio and the 2 refuges , the swiss and Italian one( 2,30h from Cavargna ).
From this nice place go straight to North following an obvious and easy trail on the large and panoramic ridge till the italian top of Garzirola ( 1,30h from San Lucio).
Just 150 meters below the italian top there's another refuge : Rifugio Garzirola .
From Italian top you can reach the swiss one by walking in plan direction NW ( 10 min.).

Essential Gear

Normal gear for hiking

External Links

Some other roelation

Some other relation 2

Some other relation 3

link to refuge Garzirola
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

GarzirolaRoutes