From Chata pri Zelenom Plese

From Chata pri Zelenom Plese

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 49.12100°N / 20.11800°E
Additional Information Route Type: very aesy rock climbing
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: UIAA 0+
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


From Chata pri Zelenom Plese (how to get to Chata pri Zelenom Plese look at main page of Baranie Rohy)

Route Description



It is a very beautiful and popular trip leading among the most “honourable” peaks of Tatra: Kezmarski Stit (Kiezmarski Szczyt), Lomnicky Stit (Lomnica), Pysny Stit (Durny Szczyt) and Cierny Stit (Czarny Szczyt). Often connected with descend do Piatich Spisskych Plies (Pieciu Stawów Spiskich) Valley. By a fog very difficult to find! Till the late summer in Vel’ka Zmrzla (Dzika) Valley and on a bottom of chute falling down from Baranie Sedlo there is an old, very hard snow.

1. Chata pri Zelenom Plese – Baranie Sedlo (UIAA 0+) 2 h 45 min

From Chata pri Zelenom Plese take the red marked trail leading to Skalnate Pleso and after a few meters beyond a bridge on Biela Voda Kezmarska stream turn right (west) (through fence) on a non-marked, good treaded path. Follow this path, first along the south shore of Zelene Pleso, next among dwarf mountain pine (pinus mugo) and finally on screes to a high (100m), rocky step of Vel’ka Zmrzla (Dzika) Valley with two picturesque waterfalls. Ascend to a foot of the wall on the right from waterfalls to a beginning of a rib.

Climb through the rocky step following protective chains on a lower verge of Vel’ka Zmrzla Valley. Now, our rout leads by a bottom of the valley through screes and grass (follow cairns) in a direction of very good seen Baranie Sedlo (the lowest incision in a ridge). A middle rocky step take to the left side and walk to a chute’s mouth falling down from Baranie Sedlo. Follow the deep chute, in the place where it becomes more sloping turn right on rocks and follow protective chains on Baranie Sedlo.

2. Baranie Sedlo – Baranie Rohy (UIAA 0) 30 min

On the pass turn right (north-west) and still following cairns climb to ridge’s rocks. After 15m traverse to the left through a rib and beyond it go down to a chute. Next climb up by a scree bottom of this chute through a few rocky steps till the place, where our chute widen itself. Here turn left and go through a few little ribs on a range of a large, scree terrace, which leads us to the top.

Essential Gear



in summer: normal hiking gear, in the early summer ice axe can be necessary
in winter: crampons, ice axes, rope

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.