From Mountain Springs

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 36.03595°N / 115.48158°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Sign the Climber's Log

Getting There

From Las Vegas Drive West from I-15 on Blue Diamond Road (HWY 160). When you reach Mountain Springs Summit drive another 0.6 miles and turn right (north) onto Williams Ranch Road. Drive about 300 yards and turn left onto a dirt road. (There is a gate at the end of the road, so don’t get distracted, you’ll be able to turn left onto the dirt road). Follow this road for 0.2 miles and then make a right at a fork. (Right when you make this turn is the short section where a high clearance vehicle might be needed for this drive.) Drive another 0.3 miles going just past a turn to the left and the trailhead will be marked with boulders not allowing you to drive further up the pullout on the right.

The TrailheadThe trailhead.

Route Description

GPS TraceGPS Trace

























This route is very straight fowrard. It is class 1-2 the whole way. From the trailhead follow the road NE on the other side of the boulders. The first ½ mile or so is covered in branches to discourage people to drive on it. Eventually you’ll come to a saddle. Continue east from here up onto the ridge. Once on the ridge follow it around as it eventually contours to the north. Once heading north you will see 2 peaks in front of you. The one on the right is Mountains Springs Peak. It is about 2 miles and about 1100 feet of net elevation gain to the summit.

Here is a list of Waypoints along the way.


WPTDescriptionLatitudeLongitude Elevation (ft) & Distance (mi)
WPT 1Park36°1'30.4"N115°30'12.8"W5,561'; 0.00
WPT 2The Saddle36°1'47.4"N115°29'42.8"W5,917'; 0.70

WPT 3
Pt 6,440'+36°1'43.9"N115°29'08.8"W6,440'+; 1.43
WPT 4Mountain Springs Peak36°2'09.6"N
115°28'56.5"W6,641'; 2.00



Essential Gear

Good Hiking Boots and water, especially if it is warm and the sun is out.


Weather Report




Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.