From Passo della Mendola to Monte Roen

From Passo della Mendola to Monte Roen

Overview

From Passo della Mendola to Monte Roen




roen
roen


The Non Valley

The Non Valley ( the Anaunia, is its historical-literary name), is a wide tableland in the western part of Trentino, it is bordered to the North by the Maddalene range, to the West by the Brenta Group, to the East by the Mendola-Roen-Cime di Vigo range.

These mountains, which are not very high, make a range which, with the only break of the Passo della Mendola, runs in a north-south direction from the Monte Macaion to the Roccapiana, the most representative peak of the Cime di Vigo.Therefore, the eastern border is clearly defined and consists of the Val d´Adige, the upper section of which is in the province of Bolzano.

The highest peaks are: Monte Roen, m.2116, Macaion, m.1866 and Roccapiana, thehighest of Cime di Vigo, m.1873, Il Monticello,m.1857.

Monte Roen
Monte Roen

Roen
Roen

Roen
Roen



 


Getting There

The Mendola Pass (1363 m) is an important tourist destination overlooked by the Monte Roen (2116 m) and the Penegal (1737 m).
Surrounded by striking pine woods, the Mendola Pass looks out over the Eastern part of the Dolomites as well as over the peaks of the Brenta,
Ortles and Passirie Alps to the west
By Car
Accessible from the Brennero highway both North and South (exit San Michele all'Adige); alternatively
Public transport
The nearest railway station is Trento (Munich-Rome, Valsugana-Trento-Venice); train Trento-Malé.

Roen
Roen

Monte Roen
Monte Roen

Monte Roen
Monte Roen



Route Description

Ski Mountaineering on Roen.

it's an easy and safe tour, mostly inside woods, great view from its summit (Eastern Alps)
Starting point is the sky resort of Monte Roen near Passo della Mendola (Parking Campi Golf).
Go along the ski slope and then turn left and follow the path leading to the Refuge Mezzavia (1594m)
Cross the wood (Path 500) till Malga Romero.( 1769m) From here follow the path (south) to the summit of Monte Roen (2116m)


0. General: 1363m to 2116m, exposition N
1. Effort: 750m, 2h
2. Power: 2
3. Psyche: 3
4. Orientation: 1


 






Monte Roen
Monte Roen

Nonsberg group: M.Roen
Nonsberg group: M.Roen






Essential Gear

Add Essential Gear text here.

External Links

Add External Links text here.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.