From Pla de Senarta, Normal

From Pla de Senarta, Normal

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.63200°N / 0.62886°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hike/Scramble
Additional Information Time Required: A long day
Additional Information Difficulty: PD-
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


The base of the climb is Pla de Senarta (1.375 m), see "Getting There" in the MAIN PAGE for getting there.



Route Description


From the Municipal Camping of Pla de Senarta (1.375 m) take the forest trail to the right and into the wood. There is a barrier in the begining. The trail, wich is named GR (Gran Recorrido) 11, surrounds the slopes of Obago de Vallibierna and then goes in parallel with Río de Vallibierna. Pass some gorges on the slope of Pico d'Estatás, leave Cabaña del Quillón (1.785 m - 1 h 30 min) up and to the left, and reach an area with many water sources. The forest trail ends in the wood of Llosas, cross Puente de Coronas and leave Refugio de Coronas (1.990 m - 2h 30 min) to the right. Follow 400 m along a wide trail and turn left (NE) in parallel with Barranco de Coronas. Leave a cascade to the left and reach Ibonet (little mountain lake) de Coronas (2.230 m - 3h 15 min). Surround Ibonet to the right and turn right (NE) just until the stream "desemboca" in the lake. Go 200 m out and in parallel with the stream, leave another beautiful cascade to the left and cross the stream when reaching Ibón (mountain lake) Inferior de Coronas (2.610 m - 4h 20 min). Then go NW-N wards on an old "morrena" and reach Ibón Medio de Coronas (2.725 m - 4h 35 min). Follow the trail NW wards to Collado de Cregüeña (2.910 m - 5h 20 min). From the col follow the cairns to the summit (in scramble). 5 h 50 min.

Essential Gear


Take crampons, ice axe, rope, harness, warm clothes and good mountaineering boots in winter. Don't forget compass and map, and take an altimeter if possible in any season. Bring enough water in August because some little streams could be dry. In summer take a shell jacket because there use to be storms in the afternoons.




Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.