from Telescope Peak trail

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 36.21800°N / 117.084°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: YDS class 1-2
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

From the Mahogany Flats trailhead, Rogers Peak is the obvious high peak to the immediate (approx. 1.5 miles) southwest. Bennett Peak is not visible.

Follow the obvious and well-maintained trail toward Telescope Peak. In about 3-4 miles, you’ll come to the obvious saddle between Rogers Peak (right, or north) and Bennett Peak (left, or south) on the spine of the range. This saddle is known as Arcane Meadows.

To Rogers

From the saddle, head north up easy slopes to the summit of Rogers Peak. It’s only a few hundred feet of gain over less than a half mile of walking. There’s a bunch of stuff on the summit.

* Alternately, in winter, it is usually preferable to head directly up the northeast ridge/face of Rogers from the trailhead. I haven’t done the route, so I’m hesitant to comment on it. It appears to be rather easy and very short. This route entails a roundtrip about 3 miles, with perhaps 1800 feet of gain.

To Bennett

From the saddle, head south up easy slopes to the summit of Bennett Peak. It’s only a few hundred feet of gain over about a quarter mile of walking.

The view of Telescope Peak from the summit is special.

* Alternately, in winter, it is usually preferably to head up the northeast ridge/face of Rogers, as described above, drop down to Arcane Meadows from Rogers’ summit, then head up to Bennett.

Essential Gear

Basic hiking gear in summer.

In winter, crampons/axe and/or snowshoes may be needed.

Plenty of water, and some sunscreen.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.