From the top of the Rappenwand : the Glasental and Erfweiler ...

From the top of the Rappenwand : the Glasental and Erfweiler ...

The Rappenwand is certainly one of my loved rocks, which are situated in the Palatinate sector (country of Germany) ... You certainly want to know why, no ? From the top of the " Nordgrattürmchen " , you will have like a falcon-panorama, which is deeply falling into the Glasental valley. Very scary and spectacular, the top of this small, but very high climbing-tower, is difficult enough to penetrate ... The climb for going there is very technical and necessites efforts and bravery ! But, me, I had easely succeed to reach this small and unsecured summit, forming with a very big sandstone's paving without vegetation ... And for doing this, I was alone. At the central part of this photo, you can see several isolated houses : the village of Erfweiler isn't very far from the Rappenwand ... At bird-flight, the distance which is separating the village of Erfweiler from the Rappenwand is reaching only ~ 1 kilometer ! It also means, that the Rappenwand is fast and easy enough to reach and to penetrate. Good thing. Caution although, because the summit of the Rappenwand is often windy ... The site is not very frequented and there's zero security on the top ... Then, are the slopes very steel and strongly wooded (jungle vegetation). Finally, is the site very dangerous for the young kids, because there was already stones-fallings !!! The top of the Rappenwand is completely closed with giant bonzaï-pines (very delicious and strong natural flavour ! ).
Krysto
on Aug 27, 2007 7:16 am
Image Type(s): Panorama
Image ID: 329359

Comments

No comments posted yet.