From Vegas del Toro, Normal

From Vegas del Toro, Normal

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 43.20250°N / 4.802°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike/Scramble
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: F
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


The base of the route is Vegas del Toro (also called Vegas de Sotres). From the last sharp curve to the left when traveling from Tielve to Sotres, take a forest trail to Vegas del Toro (1067 m).

Route Description


Cross Riega (creek) de Camburero and Riega de las Moñetas. Ascend to the W-SW doing some zig-zags until reaching appoximately the Point 1330 m, where the trail goes NW wards, cross Riega de las Moñetas and ascend a steep slope. Leave Cabezo del Fresno to the right and reach Majada del Fresnedal, where there is shack. Follow the trail ascending to the W-NE passing Majada de Catil. Do many zig-zags up to Majada del Carbonal, turn left E-SE and reach Horcada (col) Camburero (2051 m - 2h 30 min). From the col the route follows as in the Col de Pandébano route. 3h 30 min.

Essential Gear


Take crampons and ice axe early in the season. Wear warm clothes, and take map and compass. Don't forget to carry enough water in summer.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.