From Zadnjica valley

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.40000°N / 13.76000°E
Additional Information Route Type: Scramble and hiking
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Zadnjica is quite short (3.5km) subsidiary to famous Trenta valley. It begins at Trenta village and opens towards east. It gradually rises till its end at Planja (1000m). Bottom is mostly forested and there are few meadows. Around the valley is some of the most dramatic scenery in Julian Alps. The cliffs of Pihavec (2414m), Triglav (2864m), Kanjavec (2568m), Vrsac (2194m) and Ozebnik (2083m), which fall into dark depths of Zadnjica have no match in Julian Alps. They create amazing wall around the valley, which culminates with highest face of Julian Alps, that of Kanjavec, which is 1500m high! In the valley is dark and subdued atmosphere because walls around are letting very little sunshine in. End of valley is reached by road, which is closed to traffic 2km above the Trenta village.


Route Description


From the end of the macadam road you come below the north face of Kanjavec and you turn to the right and you follow the marked route for the hut Zasavska koca na Prehodavcih. First you cross the scree slopes and then you soon come in to the forest. Thorugh the nice forest (you walk on old military path) you reach the slopes below the pass Cez dol (1632m). Over nice grassy slopes you reach the plateau on the pass Cez dol.

From here you leave the marked route and you start ascending in the south direction over the south slopes of Zadnjiski Ozebnik. You walk over the long grassy slopes and somewhere thorugh the dwarf pine. Soon you come on the south ridge and then over it to the top of Zadnjiski Ozebnik.

You descend by the same route.


Essential Gear


Good hiking shoes.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.