Góriz

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.69367°N / 0.01390°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking, Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: One to two days
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Additional Information Grade: I
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

The old Góriz mountain hut,...Góriz

This is the "normal" route to climb the peak of Marboré but it's very bad signaled nowadays.

Getting There

See the main page to approach to Torla (Ordesa). The refuge of Góriz it's in the normal route of Monte Perdido

Route Description

In the refuge of Góriz we begin the walk with a lot of people in the normal route of Monte Perdido across Lago helado.

The point to leave the route of Perdido it's the chaos of great blocks of stone under the wall SW of Perdido (right) with the view of Cilindro in left side. We search a little path to left side to border the south of Cilindro. Generally some cairn is visible after a few meters far of the normal route of Perdido (the point it's not signaled in the beggining because the lot of people what climb to Perdido losing the way with other cairns to other mountains). If we find the itinerary in this area the path is evident after the cross of ways. We follow the path and we turn to right side little by little to reach a plain under the Piton SW of Cilindro (right) and some terraces of rock of Marboré (left). Some cairns exist in this area of rocks to search the pass between both but with snow of fog is very difficult to see the route. Following the cairns the route turn to northwest. This is a ramp of stones and snow (the snow remain early in the season even in summer) easy to walk in a hard slope to reach the upper part of the mountain. In the great plateau of the summit we search to left side the highest point with a great cairn, it's the summit of peak Marboré over all the cirque of Gavarnie.

Essential Gear

Map, compass (or GPS if you had).
In may and june, early in the season, the use of crampons and ice-axe it's very advisable in the access to the ramp SE of the peak after the pass under the Cilindro.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

MarboréRoutes