Viewing: 1-9 of 9
mrh

mrh - Oct 19, 2008 8:29 pm - Voted 10/10

Good info

What a great trip and report. It was almost like I was along.

ZeeJay

ZeeJay - Oct 20, 2008 12:05 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Good info

Thanks!

John Kirk

John Kirk - Oct 20, 2008 1:47 am - Voted 10/10

Nice loop and description

Looks like a good potential ultra-hike (a day-hike for speed/endurance junkies).

ZeeJay

ZeeJay - Oct 20, 2008 10:52 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice loop and description

Thanks, but everybody seems to go for the name-brands like Kings Peak and Gilbert if they are going to do something long in the Uintas.

imzadi

imzadi - Oct 20, 2008 2:15 pm - Voted 10/10

labels

Love the fact that you have labeled the peaks and the trip route on the pictures. For some of us, it's difficult to put names to the peaks...and to really see where the trail goes.
I wish more pictures had labels for the peaks...so I would know what I'm looking at.

ZeeJay

ZeeJay - Oct 20, 2008 10:52 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: labels

Thank you. I agree with you 100%.

polarjud

polarjud - Aug 14, 2012 7:35 pm - Voted 9/10

You must be a beast

A buddy and I tried to do your trip. Way too hard for us old farts. We did, however, intersect parts of it and really benefitted from your notes and pictures. Plus the inspiration to try! I will write a trip report soon.

ZeeJay

ZeeJay - Aug 15, 2012 10:18 am - Hasn't voted

Re: You must be a beast

I'm looking forward to reading the rest of your trip report. I think that if you had the mental and physical power to do Kings Peak from Garfield Basin, that you could have done the rim loop around the basin. The hardest part for me on that trip was carrying the full pack on the off-trail section on the first day.

BTW, I'm not a "he".

polarjud

polarjud - Aug 16, 2012 9:14 pm - Voted 9/10

Re: You must be a beast

Oops! All the more power to you, ZeeJay! I'll amend my report to get the gender correct. And as for the descent the first day of your trip, yes, that is exactly what made us marvel at your strength. It was though a really sweet path for the descent.

Viewing: 1-9 of 9
Return to 'Garfield Basin Rim Loop' main page