Goblin and Arches Roadtrip

Goblin and Arches Roadtrip

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Hiking, Scenery

Road Trip

I took my son, and also a friend and his son to Goblin Valley and Arches National Park.

The first night, we stayed at Temple Mountain near Goblin Valley and had the entire area to ourselves. We spent the day in GV and exploring the area, visiting some old mining homesteads.

The next day, we hit Little Wild Horse Canyon, hiking nearly half way before turning around. (we didn't know what the last half was going to be like with the kids, or we would have done the loop).

We then traveled to Arches NP and spent the rest of the day looking around.
We found a campsite on the Colorado River, and set up camp. That night, it poured and the wind blew like crazy. Good thing we already hit Little Wild Horse... We asked the Rangers the next day how much rain we got, and he said that they measured only .17" It seemed quite a bit more than that!

Our second day in Arches, we hiked to Delicate Arch. It is an impressive trail, and the kids thought it was great to be hiking and climbing on the rocks. It is an amazing sight when the Arch comes into view. I have finally seen what is on the license plates in real life.

We also did the firey furnace. I would suggest that everybody go and do this. It is such a great experience. Next time, we plan on doing a self guided hike, the ranger showed us where we could visit when we do it ourselves. He was willing to tell us where we could see some neat things.

The two days we spent in the park weren't enough in my opinion. There is so much to see, so little time to take it all in. I am glad that I only live about six hours away, so I can go again in the near future.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Comments

No comments posted yet.