Gorges de l'Ardèche

Gorges de l'Ardèche

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Hiking, Scenery, Panorama, Water, Canyoneering

Gorges de l'Ardèche

The only purpose of this album is to store a few very illustrative pictures of this nice canyon on one place.

As I don't have enough information, these pictures will have to wait for somebody else who will be able to create a good canyon page. From Vallon Pont d'Arc down to St. Martin Ardèche river makes a beautiful, some 300 m deep canyon. The river is running smoothly, but even so it has cut its winding way through a limestone plateau.

In the upper part of the canyon, close to its start there is a beautiful, big natural arc - the river has cut its way through a high limestone wall, thus forming one of the most elegant arches in Europe.

The area is certainly most appropriate to be explored by a boat. Several tourist agencies are renting all kinds of boats and they offer routes of different distances. I don't have information how much climbi9ng is done in the vertical limestone walls. The other options are also hiking, biking and visiting caves. By the NE edge of the canyon a good, panoramic road runs, the pictures in this album are mostly taken from its several panoramic points.

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2
EricChu

EricChu - May 3, 2011 2:25 pm - Voted 10/10

Beautiful album!!

Great photography - as always! :-) The first two pics in this album of yours you could call the "French pendant" to the first two in the album I posted this morning - haha!
Cheers, Vid,
Eric

Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - May 3, 2011 3:40 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Beautiful album!!

Thanks, Eric! Yes, you are right, arches here and there. I did not have time to see all what's new on SP, now I saw your album. Great pictures, bravo!
Cheers!
Vid

Viewing: 1-2 of 2


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.