Grover Hot Springs

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 38.66120°N / 119.898°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


This hike is approached from the campground at Grover Hot Springs State Park. In the town of Markleeville (along CA-89) turn west at the only intersection in town and follow it for about 3.5 miles and park at the picknick area or the campground shortly before the road ends at the developed hot springs.

Route Description


At the northern hand of the campground head west on the pack trail leading up the valley. Follow it for about 2 miles until you get to an intersection. Turn left (instead of right to Burnside Lakes) and follow the trail southwest for another 3 miles until you are nearing the eastern slopes of the mountain. Leave the trail and turn south and hike up through the trees to the obvious ridge line. Once on the ridge it is a short stroll to the summit to the west. Return the same way and relax in the hot springs at the trailhead ($5 but well worth it). See topomap in "photo" section.

Essential Gear


Snowshoes in the winter.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.