GT's memories.
Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Rock Climbing, Ice Climbing, Alpine Climbing, Bouldering, Aid Climbing, Hiking, Skiing, Scenery, Panorama, Humor

GT, My adventure and climbing partner’s memories

GT at the summitGT.
Well, I thought he deserves a spot here where he can post his own adventures and good moments. GT’s been my loyal adventure and climbing stuffed partner for almost a decade now. He’s been with me in good and bad, rain or shine, up and down, low and high, easy and tough climbs.

We’ve shared countless adventures together. You can find him always there, in my backpack’s upper pocket or inside my sleeping bag, spending a night or layover in some airport or city park while traveling abroad, or in those cold mountain refuges, shelters or tents.

A bit of history

GT was born on a warm summer day (June, 08 2001) in Obersdorf, a small village near Vienna, Austria. He was the best gift I ever got from a friend. GT was named after my good Austrian friend’s nickname; Brigitte (a Metal head) who left him on my backpack while I was visiting her beautiful country back in 2001.

Two days later he climbed his first mountain with me, Heukuppe (2,007 m / 6,950 ft). That was only the beginning of his countless climbs and hikes.

One of his biggest achievements was summiting Aconcagua (6,962 m) in 2009, and climbing with Ed Viesturs (1st and only American who climbed all fourteen 8,000 m peaks without O2).

About GT

GT wears the same outfit in every climb, yellow pants and a beige shirt with green stripes. He also wears a few souvenirs around him: an Ecuadorian flag (my mom's gift), an Argentinian flag (my brother Alex's gift),and a pair of pear and heart shaped carabineers.

These are some of his memories taken with my camera. We’ll keep posting more as we continue sharing more adventures together.

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-4 of 4
pattycoloma

pattycoloma - Jan 31, 2011 4:59 pm - Voted 10/10

Sweet GT

Great idea of your parter! I wish you both of you, many years of adventures and great climbings. Nice to see you again.

Boriss Andean

Boriss Andean - Jan 31, 2011 5:15 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Sweet GT

Thank you Patty. Wish you the same for you and Lucas as well. Un abrazo!

PAROFES

PAROFES - Feb 2, 2011 4:18 am - Voted 10/10

GT

in a famous guy!
He could be friends with Parofito hehehe
Maybe they should climb together!

Boriss Andean

Boriss Andean - Feb 2, 2011 1:11 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: GT

Of course, It'd be great! :) Say hi to Parofito!

Viewing: 1-4 of 4