Harris Mountain Loop

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 36.24140°N / 115.611°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Difficult making the trek down
Sign the Climber's Log

Getting There

From Las Vegas, take highway 95 (north) to the Kyle Canyon turn-off (highway 157). Turn left (northwest) and follow the road for about 10 toward the small community of Mt. Charleston. En route, you will pass through the desert scrub lands of the lower part of Kyle Canyon, into the Joshua tree lands of the middle section (be sure to check out the La Madre Mountain scar to the south), then into the pinon/juniper woodlands of the upper middle portion, and ultimately to the ponderosa forests of the upper canyon. Upon reaching the ponderosa forests of the upper canyon, you will notice Harris Mountain's north face on the left (south) side of the road. Shortly before reaching the Kyle Canyon Visitor's Center, which is on the left side of the road, you will notice a prominent, cliffy ridge towering above the road as it sweeps down from Harris Mountain. This is the North Ridge. Just below the ridge is a small parking area on the side of the road. Park here to start either the North Ridge or the North Ridge Direct route.

Route

Used Jim Boone's 5.25 mile Loop route. It was right on step for step.







Table of Contents
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.