Harritxarte route

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 43.11564°N / 1.07025°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Trailhead: In the small village of Behorlegi, drive eastward a little road going down to the Etxeberriborda Farm, at the base of the peak ( 1,230ft ~ 375m ).

Route Description


The trail goes along the right bank of the stream. After 300m, cross the stream ( cairns on the right, painted warning “ cueillette de champignons interdite “ = “ picking mushrooms forbidden “ ) and hike up to the south, into the forest. After a little meadow, walk up a grassy ridge to the south. The trail then heads to the east, to reach a big meadow you bypass by the left ( 1hour or so from the trailhead ). The trail continues near old shepherd huts, and finally joins a bigger trail, heading to the S.O., to the road to Mendive. After 200m, bear half left and go up to the Col d’Egurze ( Egurze Pass, 2,990ft ~ 911m ). Facing the long ridge, you will see an old trail leading in the middle of the rocks, to the Col d’Harritxarte ( Harritxarte Pass ), at the far left of the summit. Climb the steep but easy ridge until the top, in a medley of grassy and rocky slopes.
Descent: go to the Col de Landere ( Landere Pass ), at the N.E. of the peak. Turn around the mountain clockwise, until the Col d’Egurze.

Essential Gear


Map and compass + trekking pole

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.