Harvey's Wallbangers, Center Additions and Corrections

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Diggler

Diggler - Jun 27, 2005 1:00 pm - Hasn't voted

Route Comment

Hey Carolyn, did this route yesterday & really enjoyed it (with the exception of the belay station between Ps 1 & 2)! I personally thought the route was 5.7 in a few places, with the awkward final lieback/mantel (avoidable via a 5-second class 1 walk to the R) a 5.8.

Dragger

Dragger - Jun 27, 2005 8:33 pm - Hasn't voted

Route Comment

Yeah, that was a fun route. Did you miss that first belay too? I sure did, it was a pain & quite awkward as I recall. Yeah, I remember that there were a couple strange mantels. I'm not very good with ratings -- you're probably right -- sometimes things seem a lot harder (or a little easier) to me than the rest of the world!

Dragger

Dragger - Jun 30, 2008 12:34 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Harvey's Wallbangers, Center ?

Hi Squishy, when were you there? We were there this past weekend. Yes, the Harvey's Wallbangers Center, Left, Right -- it's all confusing to me, even with topos. Don't the left and center converge too? Maybe it is left except we didn't start up the crack to the left of the boot shaped flake... that's why I called it "Center"... but I'm really not sure.

Dragger

Dragger - Jun 30, 2008 3:29 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Harvey's Wallbangers, Center ?

Wow, cool! I took a new climber up Knapsack crack. We probably started climbing at about 10:30 or 11:00. I have no idea if I saw you or not but I think you spoke with Craig -- I think he's going to chime in here in a minute. :^)

Craig Peer

Craig Peer - Jun 30, 2008 3:48 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Harvey's Wallbangers, Center ?

Ya, I went up the Center route and hung out with you on the ledge. You guys must have done the left side variation. it's all good!!

Nice meeting you!! Craig

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Harvey's Wallbangers, Center' main page