Hawkeye Point Comments

KlenkeUntitled Comment

Klenke

You can put this in the U.S. Highpoints Group yourself (when you edit the page). Why do you persist in having a site moderator do it by posting the request in the Site Feedback --> Mountain Groups thread? You've been a member long enough to know how to do it yourself (you've been told this more than once, I know, because I've told you more than once).

Other than that...
Posted Apr 18, 2004 3:36 pm

hgrapidUntitled Comment

hgrapid

I did it, sorry I forgot, and I will remember from now on. I added a photo as well. What else do I need to do to get a 4 star rating? Thanks.

Oh, I updated Indiana's Hoosier Hill as well. I believe you are the lone person giving me three stars there. I have made improvements.
Posted Apr 18, 2004 5:09 pm

hgrapidUntitled Comment

hgrapid

Klenke, I have added even more to Iowa and Indiana, with photos, links, and information. I am trying to get some maps up there as well. I want to know what else they need for 4 stars? Thanks.
Posted May 2, 2004 4:26 pm

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

My grandfather was from Iowa. He said that you could hear the corn grow on a summer's night! Could you include some photos of really big maize plants?
Posted Apr 22, 2004 10:21 pm

HalikuUntitled Comment

Haliku

Not that I'm planning on this 'peak' but it is valid to many. The page has all the details needed if I was a midwestern HP collector.
Posted Oct 25, 2004 1:24 pm

SagebrushUntitled Comment

One of these days, I am going to do a trip report for that giant hill (with the fire tower) in Yellow River State Forest. Or maybe Iowa's "Pikes Peak" !
Posted Jan 26, 2006 2:01 pm

hgrapidUntitled Comment

hgrapid

Thanks for the vote - I added a section on the forest.
Posted Jan 26, 2006 2:34 pm

DonnaHandphulIowa Desecrates High Point

Seems Iowans are turning their high point into a mini-
fairgrounds, or maybe an Interstate Welcome Center. Please
do all that somewhere else. High Points are sacred
panoramas, hopefully unhindered 360 degrees is available. What
more is needed?? Kansas has a small art-assemblage (kudos).
Neb just a marble plaque & picnic shelter (to watch the buffalo).
Not being remote, Fla has added a rest room to the small
2 acre site (fine, it's on a County Road). Many States cannot do anything as the peak is protected by forest regulations (thank you). Can't wait to find a High Point that is in the parking lot of a Outlet Mall- don't tell me, let me discover it myself. DH
Posted Jul 22, 2010 1:47 pm

sm0421thanks

sm0421

What a wonderful page you have created here, thanks hgrapid!

I find I spend more time on US State Highpoint pages than I spend on facebook.
Posted Jan 21, 2011 9:38 pm

hgrapidThanks for the kind words

hgrapid

I have done 32 highpoints now. Visit our main Highpoints site on Summitpost. It is a great page.
Posted Jan 22, 2011 1:24 am