Viewing: 1-3 of 3
yatsek

yatsek - Dec 14, 2008 4:07 pm - Hasn't voted

Sounds and Letters

According to this source, "Romanian has undergone several spelling reforms, the most recent in 1993 reversing changes introduced in 1949, as a result of which the î/â sound is usually represented by â, except at the beginning and end of words where î is retained. The earlier usage is still common however."

visentin

visentin - Dec 21, 2008 9:53 am - Voted 6/10

nice

Although they are a bit less let'say "adventurous", I recommend you the Pyrenees, Yatsek ! I read the landscape & atmosphere in granitic Bulgarian mountains for example is very similar to granitic places in Pyrenees. As for limestone parts, there are many places similar to Piatra Craiuli, dixit what a romanian fellow told me.

yatsek

yatsek - Dec 21, 2008 10:46 am - Hasn't voted

Re: nice

I guess you wanted to say "more adventurous":) Pic du Midi d'Ossau is like Kamenitsa squared. One of my problems is my back will refuse to heave more than just one third of what I used to carry in the pack. Surely it's all much lighter now but still comes down to at least 13 kilos, for a few days' trek. Still I'll be thinking of the Pyrennees (the huts might help a bit:)) and would've definitely gone in those old days, had the ruling party allowed us to without asking any favour, and had we not earned $20 per month then.

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Return to 'Hiking behind the Iron Curtain' main page