Viewing: 1-20 of 20
imzadi

imzadi - Oct 17, 2008 10:55 am - Voted 9/10

Good Article

I really enjoyed your use of history to discuss Idoho and the mountains in the state. The statistics...108 11ers and over 300 10ers! Incredible...would keep anyone busy for a very long time! The pictures are truly beautiful too. I don't think that Idoho is thought of for more than potatoes and your article does a lot to change this.
I would, however, maybe change the title. It sounds as if you are going to discuss the PEOPLE of the state and how they are rugged (maybe becuase they live near such "rugged" mountains and have to live their lives around these "obsticles").
Great article, however.

mtybumpo

mtybumpo - Oct 17, 2008 11:13 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Good Article

Thanks for reading and enjoying. It actually was my purpose to describe the people who climb in Idaho and how the states characteristics influence and shape them.I'm glad you liked the article!

Luiso

Luiso - Oct 17, 2008 2:30 pm - Voted 10/10

Interesting and...

... nice article. I haven't been to Idaho but now I at least know a little more about. It looks a nice place for mountaineers!
Thanks for sharing.

mtybumpo

mtybumpo - Oct 17, 2008 2:34 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Interesting and...

Thank you! It really is a nice place. Hopefully you'll come visit someday!

SpiderSavage

SpiderSavage - Oct 20, 2008 1:07 am - Voted 9/10

You Get An "A"

Nice writing. Idaho offers a vast playground for climbers for those with time and patience. I grew up climbing there and have returned from time to time. Today I can find a similar solitude and depth of wilderness in the mountains above Los Angeles. Actually I find it in many places, Yosemite Valley, The Alps, Disneyland, perhaps it's just the viewpoint of an Idaho Climber? ;-)

mtybumpo

mtybumpo - Oct 20, 2008 3:10 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: You Get An

Thanks! I hope my professor agrees with you! Keep coming to Idaho!

lcarreau

lcarreau - Oct 20, 2008 1:22 am - Voted 10/10

Great article ...

There's several underrated ranges of mountains in the United
States. Thanks for putting this together - from the awesome
standpoint of the Mountaineer.

p.s. - It would be great if folks could form more carpools.
I think it will catch on as the price of gas rises, and the
economy slows down to an utter standstill. (NICE ARTICLE!!!)

Larry

mtybumpo

mtybumpo - Oct 20, 2008 3:11 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great article ...

Thanks for the comment! It's always cheaper (and more fun) to go with others!

Deltaoperator17

Deltaoperator17 - Oct 20, 2008 1:27 pm - Voted 10/10

Great Work

Great Work Matt! I could go on reading for much longer...(consider writing a longer story??)

mtybumpo

mtybumpo - Oct 20, 2008 3:12 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great Work

Thanks for your compliment! I actually have to do a revision later in the semester so it probably will turn out a bit longer.

dfrancom

dfrancom - Oct 20, 2008 2:55 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice

I learned a lot thanks

mtybumpo

mtybumpo - Oct 20, 2008 3:13 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice

You're welcome! Glad I could help!

Elizabeth Riggin

Elizabeth Riggin - Oct 22, 2008 3:27 pm - Hasn't voted

The wonder of Idaho....

I have spent some nights camping near Riggins, Idaho and learned a lot about the wilderness around that area....being amateur climber I didn't explore above a certain elevation. But I did love the vast openness of the land, and people were nice...take care and great report.
Liz

mtybumpo

mtybumpo - Oct 22, 2008 11:49 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: The wonder of Idaho....

Thanks! Idaho is a great place! Hopefully you'll come back often!

TJ311

TJ311 - Nov 1, 2008 6:51 pm - Voted 10/10

Loved it

Thank you for the interesting article. I am hoping to do some climbing in Idaho one day.

mtybumpo

mtybumpo - Nov 2, 2008 8:43 pm - Hasn't voted

Great!

I'm glad you liked it! Idaho has has a lot to offer. Hopefull you'll be able to come out here!

midwestpaul

midwestpaul - Nov 5, 2008 9:44 am - Hasn't voted

Interesting

Did you write this for E102? Who was your instructor?

mtybumpo

mtybumpo - Nov 5, 2008 11:58 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Interesting

Yeah it's for 102. How'd you guess? My instructor is Christy Vance at BSU.

Russ Durrant

Russ Durrant - Nov 18, 2008 4:12 pm - Voted 10/10

Good Writing

Like someone said earlier, flesh it out and give more depth. It's a great subject and you have a lot of material.

Dad

mtybumpo

mtybumpo - Nov 18, 2008 5:20 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Good Writing

Well, my final for English is a revision of one of my papers and this one will probably be the one I choose to rework.

Viewing: 1-20 of 20
Return to 'Idaho's Rugged Community' main page