Images from My Western Trip

Images from My Western Trip

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Scenery

Various Images from My First Trip to Yellowstone/Grand Tetons

I started asking my parents to take me to Yellowstone when I was eight years old. It was too far away (we lived in the deep south), and my parents were self-employed and couldn't spare the time for the journey.

Later in life I found I was either too poor or, like my parents, too buried in being self-employed to get to the western parks.

This year--at long last--I finally made it. 45 years after that first request to my elders, I found myself in Yellowstone National Park and its southern neighbor, Grand Tetons National Park.

You can say I was one happy man.

I'll update the album as I process the 3,000+ photos I took during my week in the parks.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Bill Reed

Bill Reed - Sep 25, 2010 6:28 pm - Hasn't voted

Glad you..........

finally made it, Bob! Got a feeling you'll be heading back.

BobSmith

BobSmith - Sep 25, 2010 7:04 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Glad you..........

Yep! We want to haul the travel trailer out next time. My wife can stay there while I ramble the trails.

Liba Kopeckova

Liba Kopeckova - Sep 27, 2010 5:03 pm - Voted 10/10

nice images

thanks for sharing, and congratulations on making it to Yellowstone and Tetons...

BobSmith

BobSmith - Sep 28, 2010 11:35 am - Hasn't voted

Re: nice images

Thanks. We're hoping to go back in a year or so and concentrate on the Lamar Valley.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.