Independence Monument from...

Independence Monument from...

Independence Monument from Monument Trail approach. This is your first good viewing of this awsome-looking tower on the standard approach. The north "prow" of the formation is on the right and the east face ("compressed" looking in this perspective) is on the left. Otto's Route and the west face are on the right and out of sight. Seeing some of Larry's other photos on this page (also from winter) I now realize how lucky we got weatherwise (Feb. 6, 2005).
rpc
on Feb 15, 2005 1:19 pm
Image ID: 90265

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Larry V

Larry V - Feb 22, 2005 10:03 pm - Hasn't voted

a beauty...

This is a beautiful shot of the Monument. Thanks for all the photos you posted - they are very good. And thanks for your good work describing Otto's route. I read your trip report - sounds like fun.

rpc

rpc - Feb 23, 2005 12:03 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: a beauty...

Larry,

Thank you for the good comments (& for posting the Indep. Mon. page). Are you planning on returning there to nail Otto's Route? It's a fun outing esp. on a good weather day like we were lucky enough to get :)

There's so much more stuff there to do - the rock is a kind of "sandy" but the towers look awsome!

Cheers.

radek

Larry V

Larry V - Feb 23, 2005 9:23 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: a beauty...

They do look awesome. I return to this place every year or two, but I'm really not a rock climber. Before I attempt the climb again, I really need some training.

Cheers...

Viewing: 1-3 of 3