Indian Garden, Bright Angel Trail. October 25, 2008--Grand Canyon

Indian Garden, Bright Angel Trail. October 25, 2008--Grand Canyon

Looking back toward the South Rim from Indian Garden after coming down The Bright Angel Trail from the South Rim.....The previous day, I had hiked from the North Kaibab Trail (from the closed North Rim) to the South Rim.
WyoNative
on Oct 26, 2008 6:47 pm
Image Type(s): Hiking
Image ID: 457376

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2
lcarreau

lcarreau - Oct 28, 2008 11:56 pm - Voted 10/10

So, what you did

was a Rim-to-Rim hike? I'm assuming that
there's snow on the North Rim???

There must be an explosion of Autumn leaves
throughout the Canyon. Did you see any
wildlife? I remember seeing some wild turkeys at Indian Gardens several years past.

Thanksgiving must be just around the corner,
because I'm already talking TURKEY.

Take care!!!

WyoNative

WyoNative - Oct 30, 2008 10:52 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: So, what you did

I actually did Rim to Rim to Rim over 2 days from Oct 24 to Oct 25, 2008. I was hoping, after hiking from north to south, that the rim to rim shuttle would be running, because I felt horrible after hiking up the Bright Angel Trail. I was told that the shuttle was not running because the North Rim was "closed", even though my car was parked at the North Kaibab Trailhead. So my only option was to hike back to the North Rim. I climbed for 4 hours, up the steepest portion, in the dark up the North Kaibab Trail- a very lonely experience! There was no snow on the North Rim. I saw deer (no turkeys), but I have seen turkeys at Indian Garden in the past also. It is a wonderful place, but I am thinking of trying other hikes, at least until spring. Thanks, Larry!

Viewing: 1-2 of 2

Recent Forum Posts
Current Time: 7:58 am
Thread Time